This Copyright & Trademark Policy applies solely to the web site located at the URL http://www.downtownla.com (the “Site”) whether accessed via computer, mobile device or other technology. The Site is offered by the Downtown Center Business Improvement District Management Corporation (“DCBID”, “we”, “us”, “our”). This Copyright & Trademark Policy does not apply to any other web site (including, without limitation, any social media page), regardless of whether such web site is owned or operated by DCBID. By accessing the Site, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT
The Site is controlled by us from our offices within the United States of America. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the U.S. you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with any local laws. You may not use or export anything (including information) from the Site in violation of U.S. laws, regulations or this Policy.
The Site contains a variety of information, including (without limitation) information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (the “Content”). All services and Content provided on the Site are subject to intellectual property rights, contractual and other protections. No Content may be copied, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted or transmitted in any way except pursuant to prior non-electronic consent of DCBID. No title to copies or to intellectual property rights are transferred to users.
NOTICE REGARDING COPYRIGHT AGENT
DCBID respects the intellectual property rights of others and requests that Site users do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been infringed under copyright law may provide a notice to the designated copyright agent for the Site. Copyright notices must be signed and submitted in writing (by fax or regular mail—not by email); to expedite our ability to process copyright notifications, requests should utilize the following format (including section numbers):
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please identify the specific URL, for example, http://downtownla.com/5_0_aboutUs.asp;
- The address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A representation that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A representation that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The written communication should be sent to the following address:
Attn: DCBID Legal
626 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 200
Los Angeles, CA 90017
OR by fax to: (213) 624-0858
NOTICE REGARDING TRADEMARKS
The trademarks used in the Site are owned by (1) DCBID or (2) their respective trademark owners. The names of other companies and products mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You may not use any of the above or other trademarks displayed on the Site or in any Content. All rights are reserved.