TechDay LA is an annual, one-day event to celebrate and showcase startups from around the region. Building on successful events in New York, Washington DC, and London, TechDay organizers chose Downtown LA for their inaugural West Coast event in 2015. That event was such a success that they returned this year at almost twice the size, with over 300 startups and almost 10,000 attendees.
And, for a second year in a row, the DCBID was a proud partner of the event, hosting our DTLA Lounge as a space to relax, recharge, and do a little socializing, while learning about Downtown's emerging tech ecosystem and exciting urban lifestyle. To help bring a little Downtown flavor into the event, we brought along some of our DTLA friends such as:
- Bottega Louie, who generously shared their delicious and colorful macarons.
- Joymode, a cool new local startup who brought giant Jenga, Connect 4, and Bear Pong.
- Maker City LA, a vibrant community of creative companies and spaces at The Reef, who supplied the furniture.
- Chelsea Gardner, a talented local artist who displayed her latest work, a series of pieces reflecting different aspects of Downtown.
Some of our favorite DTLA innovators were also at the event, including:
- Magnopus: A Visual Development and Experience company founded by Academy Award winners to tell stories without borders.
- Petnet: Makers of the Petnet SmartFeeder that assesses the dietary requirements of your pet, creates a custom feeding regimen, alerts you when your pet has been fed and even orders more food for you when you run low.
- IndieDesk: The pioneering co-working space of DTLA, IndieDesk has been building a community for Downtown's entrepreneurs and working to enable small businesses to grow by fostering a community of creative people and companies.
If you missed TechDay this year, don't worry because next year promises to be even bigger and better. And if you would like to learn more about Downtown's growth as a home for creative and innovative companies, consider joining us on an upcoming Get Urban DTLA Creative Office Space Tour. Full details can be found here.